Western Instruments N88-11-D Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge Standard up to 13.5" Long, Digital Indicator
Price: $ 590.00
Measuring Range: 0.0-0.5" (0.0 - 12.7 mm)
Resolution: 0.001" (0.01 mm)
Dial Diameter: 1.4" (35.5 mm)
The Bridging Pit Gauge can be assemble up to a length of 28.5" (724 mm) long; can be extended if necessary
Available with dial or digital indicators
The Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge Group provides Inspectors with an Economical Alternative to the Bridging Pit Gauge System. The new Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge is available as 3 models; the standard Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge, the Plus, and the Super. The standard Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge assembles to an overall length of 13 (340mm). The Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge Plus can be assembled in either Spanning or Cantilevering Configurations up to 15 (394mm) long. While the Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge Super can also be assembled in both Spanning or Cantilevering Configurations, up to 27 (685mm) long.
The Juniors Main Blade, and the optional Extender Blades are fitted with strong magnets that secure any of the Jr. Bridging Pit Gauges to the surface of the workpiece. These Magnetic Hold Downs have several benefits, such as; Aligning the unit to Concave or Convex surfaces, keeping the operator free to record readings or manipulate the assembly when Scanning through Pits and Weight loss Corrosion. These features position the Plus, and the Super far ahead of any competitive units.
- N88-11 Bridging Pit Gauge Indicator (Inch, Metric or Digital)
- N88-11-1 Main Blade - Center and End Dial Indicator Mounting Positions, Fitted Permanent Magnets. Cutaway Nose for next to welds. 5.5 (144mm) long.
- N88-11-5 Extender Tees - Extends effective length of all models. 12 (305mm) long(Longer Tees are optional) - 2 (two)
- N88-11-3 End Blade - Mounts on end of Tee for extra contact. 1.5 (38mm) long
- N88-11-7 Fastener Kit (Hardware) - Fasteners, Allen Key, Nylon Thumb Screws, #1 Contact Point-Standard.
- N88-11-9 Carrying Case - Hard Sided Plastic Carrying Case for entire kit
- Operator Manual
Zeroing Dial Indicator
- The vertical position of the Contact Point, needs to be Zeroed with respect to the Knife Edge of the Blade.
- Zeroing can be accomplished in two ways; by adjusting the Height of the Dial Indicator in the Blade; or by Rotating the outer Bezel Scale while pressing on the Plunger onto a flat surface.
- To quickly check the Zero Point of the Dial indicator, place the Blade on a representative smooth surface.
- Gently press the Plunger, until the contact point touches the surface.
- While the contact point is on the surface, loosen the Bezel Lock, and rotate the Bezel Scale until it reads '0' with respect to the pointer.
- Loosen the Fastener(s) holding the Dial Indicator in place.
- Hold the Blade firmly on a Flat Surface, and gently press the body of the Dial Indicator down until the contact point touches the flat surface.
- Carefully re-tighten the Clamp Fastener(s) or the Set Screw.
- Any fine zeroing can be done by rotating Bezel Scale on the Indicator.
- Height Zeroing should be done, whenever the unit is put into to use.
Zeroing a Digital Indicator
- Digital Indicators can be Height Zeroed or Positioned in the same way as a Mechanical Dial Indicator.
- To Zero the Digital Indicator simply press the Zero Button when the Contact Point is on a reference point. If the Digital Indicator is Height Zeroed, press Zero when the Plunger is fully retracted.
- To select Metric or Imperial Measurement, simply press the mm/in Button.Whennot in use, press the On/Off Button to turn the Indicator off.
- The position (or rotation) of the Dial indicator can be changed by simply loosening the Clamp Fasteners or Set Screw, and rotate the Dial Indicator about the Blade.
- After the Dial Indicator is rotated, the unit should be Dial Zeroed.
Magnetic Hold Downs
- Magnetic Hold Downs are intended for Scanning with a Bridging Pit Gauge,however they can be used on any of the Jr. Bridging Pit Gauge Group, witha diminished range of motion. Magnetic Hold Downs also provide theinspector with increased mobility, as he is not required to support theBridging Pit Gauge.
|Dial and Digital Indicators |
|Metric Dial Indicator||Range:|
|0.0-12.7 mm |
|Imperial Dial Indicator||Range:|
56 mm, 2.2"
|Measuring Corrosion (Depth) |
|1-Standard Tip||0.040" diam.||#1 Contact Point-Standard N88-S |
|2-Conical Tip||0.010" diam.||#2 Contact Point-Conical N88-C |
|3-Needle Tip||0.005" diam.||#3 Contact Point-Needle N88-N |
* Western offers a variety of Contact Points, which are all 0.625" (16mm) long.Any ADG Contact point can be used with our specialdial indicators, but a different length may affect Height Zeroing, or the vertical position of the Dial Indicator. Contact Points are easily replaced, by extending the Contact Point , and turning it counter clockwise.